Post Road Ale House reopens in New Rochelle

Chef Brian MacMenamin has refurbished and reopened Post Road Ale House on E. Main Street, corner of Rhodes St., in New Rochelle. It now sports glossy silver metal tiles offset by brick and wooden walls, and industrial ceiling with modern lighting.
They are still waiting for their liquor license but when I stopped in barkeep Mariano Roman poured me a complimentary glass of his flavorful brandy-infused Sangria. I recognized him from MacMenamin’s original Larchmont Ave. Oyster House years ago. In the interim he confided he had spent years doing beverage at Chef David Burke’s operations in Manhattan including the hot new Clocktower. He came up to help Brian get his beverage service together. Good enough! While there I tried the Cashew Crusted Calamari served with a Tahini dip; a plate of their Tequila Lime Chicken Wings; and a beautifully plated Crab Stuffed Sole with Creole dirty seafood rice & Jambalaya gravy. The eclectic starting menu is reasonably priced. The restaurant is open for dinner only at this time. Plans are to offer lunch and a prix fixe Sunday buffet brunch in coming days…

" Chef Brian MacMenamin"
Is kind of like the kiss of death!!!
lol … sounds like he striped down club car and
bought it with him … hopefully the liquor license
arrives before they close … I think his last venture /
stint what ever it was he did there was Lincoln Lounge
it lasted what, 2 days! Regardless good luck to him, he does
open aesthetically pleasing restaurants.

The joint was jumping early last night. Right now drinks are complimentary while they await their liquor license. Pared what I tried here earlier in the week with orders of Tuna Tar Tar served with crispy wontons and wasabi, and a platter of Beef Empanadas ‘Picadillo’ with Caribbean dipping sauce. Both quite tasty. Big chunks of tuna. The empanadas were also large and I could swear fresh-made.
Repeated an order of Brian’s Cashew Crusted Calamari served with a Tahini sauce. Just had to.
I was told they are now open for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.