Portugalia Market, Fall River

I was thinking of getting tinned fish and making the 45 min drive to Fall River as I have heard good things about Portugalia Market? Has anyone been and if so, recommended products RE price and quality?

3 Likes

It’s been on my list of places to try as well. Curious who has been!

There have been a few posts about it, notably this one.

And for a nearby meal, this review.

5 Likes

Thanks Gretchen. It wasn’t in the cards today but will make it there one day. There is a place in Lowell (Vaentina’s) that i might try instead as it is closer. I remember Sagres when it was recommended in the Sterns book Roadfood so its been there a long time.

2 Likes

I have schlepped my wife and kid to Portugalia on many drives and I can overall say that it has always been worth it. We absolutely love to stock up on olives, chorizo, olive oil, and many other delicious things they offer there. It’s a great little shop… but it’s far.

They have a nice little cafe where you can get a Sao Tome cheese + chourico sandwich which is always awesome, and their baked goods, including their Pastel de Nata are always fresh and delicious.

I definitely recommend venturing out there in spite of the distance, just make it count and include a spot nearby for lunch or something, like at the place @GretchenS recommended

5 Likes