Porta , Asbury Park

Lol. Micah Jasper. He is finishing up a gig playing guitar for Gnash on tour. I prefer his own music so I didn’t mind missing the show.

No kidding, I saw him play at Austin’s SXSW Festival. :+1:

2 Likes

I’d probably nosh at Porta than mosh with Gnash as well, but congrats to Micah…it’s a tough business and the summer stage at The Pony isn’t for the amateurs!

3 Likes

I suddenly found myself at Porta last night…we were at the bar eating and drinking for over 3 hours. LOCAL SUMMER is here on weekdays!

2 Likes

You sound like me explaining to Mrs. NotJr how I came home smelling like Love Spell VS and I have glitter in my beard…" I suddenly found myself at…"

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Took this picture two hours ago. Finished the dish 1:55 hours ago. Had been way too long since we’d been there last, and it was the same charred tender deliciousness as always!

8 Likes

Looks delicious :yum:

1 Like

Good grief that looks great!

2 Likes

There was also this.

4 Likes

Now you’re killing me. Gotta head over soon.

2 Likes

Salumi e formaggi !?! My favorite

1 Like

MY FAVORITE! :octopus::octopus::octopus:

(More words because this won’t post) cc: @hungryonion

2 Likes

Why are you sporting a covid 19 mask in August 2018? You certainly are a forward thinker. :crazy_face: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :crazy_face:

1 Like

We order the Octopus Salad every single time we go to Porta, and we’ve been going to for at least 8 years (a friend of The Sprout had a Sweet 16 party there). We like it so much I taught myself how to make a reasonable facsimile.

4 Likes

I apologize in advance if this is already public knowledge and/or posted somewhere else but I just found out today that Porta does delivery!?!?! (and to my area which isn’t around the block) Even though I’m not the biggest fan, I certainly would enjoy it even if just for a change of pace. So I apologize if I’m a dolt and this isn’t really news, (ok so regardless if this is news or not we all know I’m a dolt) but it was news to me so I’m sharing.

It’s a pandemic I’m bored sue me!! Haha can’t courts are still closed!!

7 Likes

Update! Turns out Porta doesn’t actually deliver, it’s just DoorDash which is a bit disappointing. I’ve had some mixed experiences with DoorDash and personally I’m not a big fan.

2 Likes
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold