Pork roll vs Taylor ham. Let's start a new thread

I think I may try that cooking method but on the smoker instead

Pics (and a sample to taste) or it didn’t happen. LOL! Pics would be nice.

I find the whole argument stupid because it’s Pork Roll if you ask me.

I could go for a fried bologna sandwich right now. Too bad I already ate dinner. Not that is going to stop me.

lol

2 Likes

Nice! Where is that from? My new England family members ask me to bring sleeves up when I go up. They love pork roll.

A deli in Manhattan on West 38th Street
I don’t remember the name but it
was not a bodega, more of a lunch spot

My vote always goes to Taylor:

But then of course there is this:

Bumping this up. I did a blind taste test this morning. 3 out of three people, including me, chose shoprite over taylor.

Wow. I usually get the foodtown brand but with Sr opening in Shrewsbury this looks awesome iftheir house brand is tops. Love to make em at home esp in days
Bagelmasters is oitnthe door or it hits 175% humidity in the store

All the supermarket brands have a USDA# of 185. Whoch means they are made by Case of Trenton. The question is, did you get mild or tangy? My wife buys Shop Rite tangy. Cheaper than Taylor and just as good, if not better. Never compared them side by side.

Yeah I read that before and believe it. It wasn’t tangy, which I like too. I’ve had my share of that.

Is food town case too?

Yes. As is Lancaster brand. In fact any supermarket brand that has a USDA# of 185 is Case

As a native of Maryland (DC 'burbs), I’d heard of this in passing but had only a vague idea what it was. Now i have to find some to sample…in Asheville, NC.

1 Like