Polo Club, Holmdel NJ

Loved this place before the Pandemic and it’s even better now that the dining room has been renovated. The filet mignon sliders are amazing. Love the atmosphere too.

1 Like

Well I decided to do a business dinner here Friday night. I called around noon and they only had 5 & 9pm available.

Dinner for four:

Wedge salad (me nice salad good blue cheese) the bang bang cauliflower was a hit again.

Entees were 3 hits - pork chops - short rib (me delicious) - steak
Mahi Mahi didn’t get raves.

Service was good and the place was packed and it’s not a small place. I hear there’s plans for possible expansion for wedding/banquets. (sshhhhh you didn’t hear it from me)

3 Likes

I was able to convince a friend of mine to try this place out last night. Love the interior. Beautiful job with tons of attention to detail. Certainly get a little bit of that Raven feel. Solid service, attentive without being overbearing. Food is good, not great. We liked the cauliflower and the calamari. The pasta with tomato sauce was ok, needed salt probably. We also ordered a wedge salad which they plated on two plates for us. This was basically inedible since it was drowning in a bath of dressing. I should have said something but we were chit chatting.

Certainly will go back. Bar is beautiful and really liked that cauliflower!!!

4 Likes

LOL yes, they do go overboard on the dressing on the wedge salad. I got it the first time; I LOVE blue cheese dressing but even I said it was a lot.

I agree the food is good, and I do enjoy the decor enough I’m going to forgive a few things since I’m a big fan of the brand overall.

1 Like

HA! Yes, it was saucy! It would be nice to have a party there. That little patio looks really cute too.

1 Like