Poached Eggs

There are so many ways to dress up scrambled eggs and for someone who enjoys creamy eggs they are a spoonful of Heaven.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy eggs using other preparations.

1 Like

Yes, I realize there are ways to dress up scrambled eggs.

A big vat of scrambled eggs at an all you can eat breakfast included at a Residence Inn or Holiday Inn is the most unappealing preparation of eggs to me.

I like revueltos and scrambles with other ingredients mixed in. One of the better scrambled eggs preps I’ve had had goat cheese folded in, with tabbouleh on the side, at the Sofitel’s restaurant Renoir in Montreal. I thought I disliked all scrambled eggs until I tried the eggs at Renoir a decade ago.

Scrambled eggs, plain or with ketchup? Not my thing.

I completely agree.
I stand in line and make waffles and add fruit when I stay in a hotel with a breakfast that is included.

I make a PB and Bacon sandwich, or bacon sandwich. If there’s cheese available, I sometimes make a breakfast sandwich. Occasionally cream cheese with raspberry jam on a bagel.

I can’t eat waffles.

1 Like

How about these?

7 Likes

How could Eggs in Purgatory ever be boring? :rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking shakshuka, but that too!

3 Likes

Not exactly poached eggs but fun to watch all the same:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN6ybJrj/?k=1

Oeufs en meurette = poached eggs in red wine (bacon, mushroom) sauce

8 Likes

Which is almost invariably a result of powdered eggs…one of the most vile and inedible substances known to man.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know that!

Even on my recent trip to Italy, we found that powdered eggs had snuck into some of the breakfast offerings. Some had real eggs, but I’m not a fan of scrambled anyway, so it was no loss for me to avoid them.

2 Likes

Brutal! An effect of globalization!

I don’t like scrambled, unless other tastier things are mixer in.

I’m thinking less globalization and more portion and cost control.

Not sure how it’s globalization if didn’t stay in a single US flagged hotel the whole time (and only one EU-based chain…most of the trip was small jndependently owned properties)…but thanks for assuming I only stayed in soulless boxes…?!

1 Like

Ah, but on along Navy cruise or a camping trip they taste much better.

1 Like

I do not use these, but I have in the past. They are hard to find but quite good if you want your poached eggs neatly shaped.

3 Likes

And I have no desire to do either! Lol

1 Like

I remember flirting with these at an upscale kitchen shop. The proprietor’s wife approached me as said, “You don’t want those silly things, I go home everyday at 3, and cook makes me a poached egg for tea by just dropping the egg in simmering water. Don’t waste your money or time with those.” Of course I hadn’t the nerve then to buy them.

2 Likes

There are these ones which hook on to the pan and are silicone:

2 Likes

A gentle, very gentle, swirl in acidulated water and slip the eggs in from a custard cup. Easy and elegant.

3 Likes