"Please wait 58 seconds.........."

I’m not sure what I did - but I was reading the Instant Pot thread in cookware and all of a sudden the screen blanked out and I got a message telling me that I had exceeded the daily limit the site has on doing whatever it was that I did, and to please wait 58 seconds before doing it again. What did I do?

I have never encountered such oddities. You sure it’s not your browser or other open browser windows playing tricks?

I don’t know what it is. I’ve never encountered it before either, on this site or any other.

It just shows you the problem with Instant Pot.

2 Likes

I have been having similar problems, and I think it has to do with my set-up: Ubuntu, Wine, Mozilla. My laptop is also old, so I’m considering getting a new one and installing everything again.

I’m on a desktop using Chrome. The computer is older but the browser I think is up to date.

I don’t know what the problem is, but it seems to go away if I reboot. And it happens with a number of sites, not just Hungryonion.

I think I discovered the cause of my connective troubles: a loose cable. But I’m using a laptop that is always being moved around. If you’re on a desktop, it may be something else. But check your cables.