Please add the city tag in title when posting

In many US boards, the posts are without city tags, we need to click the post to see where they are about. Please don’t forget to add the city in blankets. Thank you.

3 Likes

Posting the state helps too since there are many cities with the same name.

2 Likes

Yeah, make people understand the location instantly. The recent post “Who does the best grocery delivery in our area?” can be everywhere!

3 Likes

So if I put the town in and I’m posting on a state or regional board is that OK?

That’s what I generally try to do when it’s a review.

1 Like

Any geo hint: a town, a city, a state, a country is better than none. When posting a title, there’s already a guide line made by the admin.

Depends on how well known a town name is - my default is to consider how clear the info would be to a visitor. My regional board on CH covered 3 states. Each state has a town named Greenville so posting city + state= clarity. My immediate are is regionally known as The Triangle but covers parts of 3 counties and dozens of municipalities. Under the “Triangle” heading a visitor would understand that the towns mentioned were found in the general area. Just mentioning the smaller/less known towns by name rather than area would make it quite hard for a visitor to determine location.

2 Likes

No, that’s insufficient, because the post title appears first on the site’s home page, where it is under the Regional heading, which is not broken down further at that point. For example, there’s a rave about a new Indian place in Marlboro. I excitedly click onto it so I can alert my Marlboro, MA, friend. But it’s Marlboro, NJ.

1 Like