‘Playing Russian roulette with your health’: my encounter with LA’s raw-milk,...

One of Erewhon’s featured drinks over the past year is not another raw vegan concoction named after a supermodel: it’s a “raw, animal-based” drink created by one of America’s most famous male “meatfluencers”.

For $19, you can drink a smoothie made with powdered beef organs and unpasteurized milk, as part of the influencer Paul Saladino’s attempt to introduce Angelenos to his much-touted “carnivore diet”.

Edited to add this link (long and fascinating read):

2 Likes
3 Likes

I hope it tastes better than it sounds

3 Likes

Y’know, I don’t think I need to know what a meat smoothie tastes like right when weird viruses are jumping species.

I’ll leave it to those guys who have already proven their toughness by eating ivermectin.

I’m sure the colloidal silver folks are just thrilled to pieces.

5 Likes

I’m done trying to have any rational conversation about food, heath and science with people. Drink up the raw milk. Drink, drink, drink the magical sink…

1 Like

Kind of like being the lab partner who gets to do the dangerous experiment. I’ll just sit here and take notes … from a distance.

1 Like

3 Likes

I think there are two different things mixed in the discussion - this “meat” smoothie in the article which indeed sounds odd and I am not sure how much to trust the sources of the ingredients and raw milk (and subsequent cheese from raw milk) which Americans seem to have an unusual “fear” with - as with every ingredient (far beyond raw milk) it is important to know the source/maker but it is for example quite common in Europe (including cheese from raw milk) and I don’t think the life expectancy is lower in Europe because of it (more likely the opposite)

I loved the last paragraph of this epic article. The son of the Erewhon founder was one of the founders of Peleton…

2 Likes

Maybe they use a frog in making that milkshake (note: no frogs were harmed in making this post)

I wonder if psychedelic toads work?

1 Like