Playing catch-up [Dillon's Local, Plymouth and Oscar's, Dedham; MA]

I’ll try to keep this short as I’ve kinda lost my zest for posting. We had a couple of satisfying meals this past weekend. We took our 4-year old spring onion down to Edaville Railroad for an early birthday and enjoyed the xmas lights despite 20-ish F temps. We were spending the night in Plymouth and had a really nice lunch before Edaville at Dillon’s Local in Plymouth. Small cozy space (a little chilly that day). B and I split the winter salad (nicely citrusey and not overly-dressed), turkey pot-pie soup, and Portuguese cod with chourico. Wow. We inhaled it all. J loved his kids’ pizza, which was an excellent version of South Shore bar pizza. Good service.

Lunch on Sunday on our drive back north was at Oscar’s in Dedham because we actually remembered that one of our favorite bartenders from PJ Ryan’s now works there. It was perfect for that chilly, sunny day. As soon as we walked in, we noticed the real wood-burning fireplace (B has a self-professed obsession with them). And the Pats’ game on (not overly-loud). It was VERY quiet in there but cozy…just us and and some nice folks at the bar. Christine took great care of us. Veggie burger, with bacon no less, for B and good fries. Belgian waffle for spring onion. Seafood fettuccine for me - creamy, which is usually not my preference as I like things on the broth-y side, but man, was it good. Generous Italian zinfandel wine pours, Lawson’s IPA on draft. We hung out by the fire for a couple of hours.

6 Likes

Nice report, thanks for posting even though you didn’t really feel like it! Both meals sound very tasty indeed.

1 Like