Plating

I used tenderloin. It was tasty, as I recall! No thanks to me; it was the recipe …

2 Likes

I often buy the Costco shabu. It’s phenomenal for lots of things. Amazing flavor when flash-grilled and then whatever comes to mind. It’s paper thin, and then Costco needles the steaks to start, so very tender.

1 Like

. . .has become my latest obsession! I may have to start a thread!

2 Likes

May have to stage an intervention.

1 Like

When will HO introduce some emojis? You know what they say, “A goofy picture is worth a handful of words.”

1 Like

Recently discovered a terrific salad that was beautifully plated. It was a halved burrata with arugula over one side to show the burrata, sliced pickled beets arranged over the other piece of cheese, marcona almonds over the arugula, and a very light vinaigrette. It has become a staple on our home, but a lower calorie tossed and not plated for presentation is better. We use ciliegine mozzarella. The vinaigrette is a standard 3:1 olive oil and white wine vinegar shaken well with a teaspoon of Roland Dijon and some coarse grey salt. For any salad that is primarily greens I think a tossed presentation is inherently better than an artfully arranged plate. Attention to plating salads makes sense for composed salads.

5 Likes

Salads present an almost unlimited opportunity for plating presentation.

I’ve seen lots of plates from Michelin starred restaurants. I think the ones at Gabriel Kreuther are possibly the best I’ve seen, certainly in the top three. They really do it for me.

2 Likes

Do you mean like this?

:thinking:

Yep. A lot of sites offer half a dozen or so…love, like, yuck or angry, laughing, caring. Forks up is not as informative.

That one was from HO, available here.

Here are some others

There’s more, but personally I don’t find them all in enough colors.

4 Likes

Oh! you mean the site version of ‘upvote’. It’s not really an emoji. It’s a vote. On other boards it’s a heart, but the meaning is the same. a generic ‘vote’ for that content. There’s whole discussions about how people use (or don’t use) and percieve the importance of those ‘votes’.

I don’t think a range of ‘vote types’ is particularly informative. If you want to include emojis in your reply to someone, you have the whole spectrum available to you: :rofl: :crazy_face::partying_face::rage::nauseated_face::face_vomiting: etc…

1 Like