Planning some time in Raleigh, NC over the holidays

We live in Hillsborough and don’t get over to Raleigh much, so for a holiday-time excursion I thought we’d plan to do something over that way.

Been to the Art Museum multiple times, but not any of the other museums in Raleigh. Which ones are the best ones to visit for a day trip? And what would you suggest nearby for a good lunch or early dinner? The day is flexible for us, so if a weekday or weekend is better, that would also be a great thing to mention. We’d be looking to go between December 19th and January 3rd. No kids, two adults. Thanks!

I really liked the MC Escher exhibit at the Art Museum. It was well worth the price of admission. I can’t think of much in the way of food options, though from the Art museum, I’d be tempted to hit up Super Wok in Cary, because I’ll take any excuse to go that part of Cary.

We’ve already seen the Escher exhibit and had lunch at the Art Museum’s Iris café ( both of which were awesome!) so don’t plan on going back there this time around. Hoping for recommendations for any of the other museums in Raleigh, none of which we’ve ever been to!