Places to eat in the White Mountains (New Hampshire)

Like many others, we’re planning a trip to the White Mountains for fall foliage season in a couple of weeks. We’ll stay around Conway and Lincoln; any particularly good places to eat in that area? We eat pretty much everything but aren’t looking for anything too high-end, since we’re planning to spend the days hiking. (We also expect to do a fair bit of driving, so recommendations a bit further afield are welcome.)

I’ve heard about Peaches and Stairways Cafe for breakfast and saw several mentions of Gypsy Cafe; are they worth a visit?

We go to North Conway every winter with friends. Last winter, we tried Cider Co in Glen and were really impressed. Most places we’ve tried are fine but not especially chow worthy. This place was fantastic.

http://www.ciderconh.com

Also, Moat Mountain is a solid lunch place. They brew their own beer and have tasty sandwiches. They are on Rt 16 in N. Conway.

Thank you for the recommendations!

We decided to do hotel dining last year when we went. We had a nice dinner at The Wentworth up in Jackson, another nice one at The Ledges Restaurant at the White Mountain Hotel and Resort(they had live piano as well). it was something different and we enjoyed it.

Just wanted to report back. We didn’t make it to White Mountain Cider Co for dinner (were in the wrong area), but we did stop by one morning to pick up sandwiches for a hike, and those hit the spot. SO also had a cider doughnut that he raved about.

We were near Lincoln for the rest of the weekend and picked up sandwiches from Purple Tomato for another hike; those were okay but much less hearty than the ones from White Mountain Cider. And we had dinner at Gypsy Cafe, which was solid but not spectacular.

If I’d seen this earlier, I would’ve recommended a visit to Pig’s Ear BBQ in Lincoln for a casual but very tasty lunch, it’s always a favorite stop when I head up there.

I’m sure we’ll be back in the future, so this is still helpful; thanks!

We very much like the Ledges Dining Room at the WMH&R. Really good menu and a really interesting wine cellar. The owners are very dedicated to solid dining. They also have a fantastic Sunday brunch that is very reasonable and nicely done. New dining room decor and furnishings look great and add to the pleasure of dining in this dramatic location. Dining room overlooks Mt. Cranmore and Mt. Kearsarge.
Enjoy,
CooDan

The white mtn hotel in conway? Overlooking Whitehorse ledge?

That’s it. Sorry it took so long to get back.
CocoDan