Pizza from hell, Lyon Mountain NY

Happy endings are the best

8 Likes

That looks so good!

1 Like

Yes I’m past calling abject intimidation with symbols of hate at restaurants and bars “political discourse” that we need to tiptoe around on this website. Folks that want to go to bars and restaurants need to know where they are welcome and where they are not. Seems that’s a valid purpose of a board like this.

Not pictured are gun racks, confederate flags and related accessories. Hate and fear are real. An African American camp employee was reportedly sucker punched by a bar owner up the road. I spoke with him. I know it happened. Thankfully all literally escaped unharmed. I had no idea that this corner of NY which I treasure had such strong presence of these elements which of course means it’s everywhere. Until people that are gay, of color, and women and kids can be welcome in America I feel we should be discussing this. Without discussion there can’t be understanding, love for others and improvement. Lots of work to do.

9 Likes

My wife (a Presbyterian pastor)and I picked our wedding reception venue because we loved it, but mostly because it is queer/women owned. Nice hat. That pizza and experience look awful.

3 Likes

I hope you had a fabulous wedding reception! Bravo to you on your considered choice @Ct.ebner84 !

The more open-minded, loving and accepting of more people the better the hospitality and atmosphere. These are places I can go with my family and all of my friends with confidence that everyone including strangers will feel comfortable and be able to be themselves and have fun. These are places I choose to be. A related example is my partner and I like to go to this spot called Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood not just because they have delicious and ridiculously large strawberry daquiris, but also because it is a joy to see people glowing in a rainbow atmosphere that I’m sure would literally be victims in other places (like this one in Lyon Mountain, NY). I feel happier around happy people.

5 Likes

Amen to that. I’ve actually been to the Hamburger Mary’s in Jacksonville, FL. The food was decent, and it was definitely a fun atmosphere. It was a good sense of community; I’ll have to see if there’s one closer to where I am in central Jersey.

2 Likes

Great cocktail menu ! Esp the margaritas!

Years ago, we had dinner at Hamburger Mary’s in Maui. We were eating outside and suddenly there was a heavy downpour. We all ran inside, and continued our great dinner. Everyone was super nice!

1 Like

And they have vegetarian stuff! My wife is from Colorado, so I see a dinner date the next time we visit her parents. I’m a trans guy, so it’s nice to get a little sense of queer community through this thread. To keep it relatively food related, we just got a $15 off coupon for our local pizza joint, and I basically danced across the house.

4 Likes