Pina Coladas, Chi Chi's, and Tequila

No thanks! I seriously don’t like clam juice in my cocktail. I know it is popular, but it’s just not for me.

Ok… gonna try one tomorrow with my sweet and pungent shrimp. My starting point will be:

2 oz Milagro Reposado
1.5 oz frozen fresh pineapple juice
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup frozen fresh pineapple chunks
1/4 juiced lime
1 TBlsp Haagen Daz vanilla bean ice cream
3 TBlsp Coco Reål

I’ll let you all know how it turns out.

2 Likes

What’s not to live? Sounds good anyway & I’m sure will pair well with the shrimp.

It contains clams but it doesn’t taste like clams.

I can understand not liking the idea of clam juice in your cocktail.

Clamato has more umami than tomato juice.

A lot of people drink Clamato on the rocks as a non-alchoholic drink when they travel on Air Canada. Realize some people drink Bloody Mary Mix as a non-alcoholic drink- but I get the feeling Clamato on the rocks or a virgin Caesar is more popular in Canada than a Virgin Mary or Bloody Mary Mix is in the States.

Ok… this was pretty good. I liked the tequila flavor, but it was a tad too sweet. Maybe milk/cream/half&half instead of the ice cream, and/or a bit more lime.

But still miss the snow! Bet it would have been great with that sans the ice cream and Coco Reål. I miss its frothiness and texture of the dried coconut.

1 Like

That’s great news especially with all the shortages that we’ve experienced during the Pandemic.
I’m glad to hear that there won’t be a shortage of Clamato juice !
I love virgin Caesar’s also with tequila or vodka.
I respect your decision, if you haven’t tried it you should at least once.
Nope strike that because then you might decide that you actually like Clamato juice.
:joy:

Oh, I’ve tried it… both the Clamato brand and higher end bars that use real clam stock… again, just not for me. I prefer plain tomato juice or V8 (with celery, lemon, and Worcestershire).

2 Likes

Same, except I also add a few dashes of Tabasco, and a bit of hot horseradish, but I do love mine garnished with a couple nice plump shrimp though. That’s enough seafood in a drink for my palate, but to each their own.

1 Like

Thank you more for me.

1 Like

:joy: yes, your supply is safe from me! Dont get me wrong though, I do love clams & have tried Clamato, just don’t prefer it in a Bloody. However, next time I’m in Canada, I’ll enjoy one there. I live reasonably close to BC. Don’t know where you are?

1 Like

Same here, but it is Frank’s other than Tabasco (I like the vinegar aspect of it more), and maybe a dash of Worcestershire, but no HR or proteins.

1 Like

Just simplifed it tonight… my breakfast pineapple smoothie with just pineapple, juice, water and ice, with a squirt of the Reål, plus a shot of tequila (which I don’t usually do for breakfast). Much better. Still miss the snow.

1 Like