Pier Village [Long Branch, NJ]

Pier village is reopening up with two new restaurants. Mexican and Kosher.

“They plan to close off parking spaces to expand outdoor dining and retail, creating more space for pedestrians.” As if parking wasn’t an issue in the first place!

PV has NEVER appealed to me. Maybe I’m nuts, but it’s like a mall on the beach. These new spots certainly aren’t changing my mind.

2 Likes

I agree, I don’t go to Pier Village. Parking a huge problem and don’t like any of the McLoone restaurants.

2 Likes

Lost me at “Modern Mexican Concept”, but that’s par for the course for Pier Village and the area.

Glorified $30 tacos, anyone?

2 Likes

I wish more shore towns had boardwalks to stroll.

Since Kushner took over the LB area the development of PierV has a diff vibe. Money was important sure. From ghost town to congestion at any price, color me disappointed.

1 Like

Stopped into Pier House tonight. Calamari and Fish and Chips. Nice Martini.

3 Likes

We frequent LB often but stopped eating at Pier Village a while ago. Mall is a good comparison. We either bring our own food or eat on Broadway. There are some interesting Latin places and others. Mar Belo Portuguese is on the fancier side but their lunch specials are fairly priced. We’ve been once and so far so good.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Avenue as I have stated in my previous posts on different threads. I enjoy cocktails and small plates on the deck and have learned to time my visits accordingly. Sadly I have no use for any other place there.
Didn’t realize the original article was over 3 years old.

3 Likes