Picnic area suggestions

Mother’s Day is coming up next Sunday. I’m trying to find a nice place to go for a picnic.
It’s for a group of us, Mom (who we will push in a wheelchair), my sister and her three children and me. In the past we’ve gone to the Horsepark of NJ, a couple of the Monmouth County parks.

I’m looking for places in Monmouth County, that would be good to go since we don’t want to do a restaurant trip. We’ll be looking for someplace scenic, where we can spread out our stuff and enjoy the company.

Holmdel Park has wonderful picnic area’s. I would also thing Marine Park in Red Bank would be a beautiful selection as well. Not sure how many picnic area’s they have but it certainly wins the “Best View” category.

1 Like

Monmouth Battlefield in Freehold is a good picnic destination and very underutilized for this purpose. Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Holmdel Park would be the first that comes to mind.

Also Sandy Hook. If you drive down to Fort Hancock, right after the missile, there is a crop of large picnic tables with an overhang. There are even some grills there. I believe it is accessible with a wheelchair.

4 Likes

How about Deep Cut in Middletown? You may want to call about where exactly the picnic tables are located but this is my favorite park in Monmouth County.

4 Likes

Thompson Park in Monroe Township is popular for picnics. Close enough to Monmouth County to qualify I would think.

http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/About/ParksRecreation/Pages/PR/Thompson-Park.aspx