"Pick Your Own" Strawberries at Battleview Orchards, in Freehold

My blog post

My Blog
My Flickr

How much does it cost?

This is what they say online:

Pick Your Own Strawberries will reopen Friday, 5/19…
9am to 3pm (weather permitting)…$3.99lb
Please Note–the patch is Cash Only and No Pets are allowed!
Saturday’s picking info will be posted after 5pm on Friday and Sunday’s picking info will be posted on Saturday after 5pm. We will only open for picking if the volume is available.

STRAWBERRY PICKING POLICY-There is a $5 per person fee to enter the strawberry patch(no age exclusions). The fee will then be credited towards the berries you pick. No refunds will be given. (This policy has worked well for the past two years so we will continue to use it.)

1 Like

What does it matter what it costs? Hell when my wife goes apple picking at delicious orchards and she forces me to go with her, I probably eat about 3lbs of apples before she’s done and we go to check out. I decided a long time ago if I were homeless I would set up my camp near some “pick your own” farm and just walk around eat my fill and leave.

1 Like

FYI: If anyone is considering doing “Pick Your Own” this weekend, forget it! Battleview just posted on Facebook that “Pick Your Own” will be closed tomorrow, 5/20 and Sunday, 5/21 to allow for more ripening. Not exactly a surprise to me since as I indicated in my blog post, the field was not exactly bursting with ripened berries. While they also sell them in their market by the pint and the quart, they’re saying that until they see how the ripening progresses, they aren’t sure if they’ll have them for sale.

My Blog
My Flickr

Thanks for the heads up. While we’ll be away in the Poconos this weekend, I do feel that there will be plenty of berries available the first week of June.

We pick at Indyk’s Farm 595 Spotswood Englishtown Rd. $3 per pound from 9-5 every day. We like Ben’s berries better. Just go up the (dirt) driveway & you’ll see the sign.

Lol, I mean, at some point the cost matters, doesn’t it? What if it cost 100$ to get in and was 100$ per lb… :smiley:

The pick your own that I’ve gone to (Delicious / Eastmond Orchards) on 537 in Colts Neck, there is no charge to get in. You just walk around with a cart, fill it with your pickin’s and then they weigh what you picked when you leave and you pay per lbs. Seriously I’ve probably eaten 50 + free apples over the years. lol (I can’t believe I’m admitting to apple theft)

1 Like

I’m reporting you to the authorities!!

1 Like

I think we need to discover the core of this behavior.

3 Likes

when I used to go picking with my kids I told them they’d make more money weighing the kids.

3 Likes