Pi Day, are you baking pie?

I wonder if this book inspired the recent novel, Lessons in Chemistry.

Chez Moi, arthritis means 3/14/2023 is unlikely to be observed beyond the possible delivery of a pizza. Occasionally, I’ll hear about a new business whose name is “Perfect Pies”, or something similar. My interest is piqued…then I learn that it’s just another pizzeria. :confused: :pizza: :disappointed:

We saw Lessons in Chemistry in a bookstore yesterday. Although Dr. Cheng is obviously a polymath with lots of ideas swirling in her head, her entertaining writing is not much for centering a plot thought?

I haven’t read Dr. Cheng but perhaps the author of Lessons in Chemistry did, or heard about it, and it planted the seed for the protagonist in the recent novel, which purportedly has been sold for TV or movie rights. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did everyone to whom I recommended it.

Does a Quiche count as a pie?? I’ve been wanting to make a bacon & onion quiche…

If pizza is pie, surely quiche is!

2 Likes

I have sour cherries in my freezer, and am thinking of baking a pie for Pi Day. Does anyone have a good filling recipe calling for frozen cherries? My options for thickener are corn starch, clearjel (not instant) or flour.

1 Like