PHODown Vietnam Bistro Howell [NJ] Feb 9

It’s 2020 and past time we all got together again!

Let’s lunch at Vietnam Bistro in Howell. Meet up at the restaurant at noon and bring your appetite! Their bowls of pho are huge. Speaking of that, since soup isn’t really made for sharing, this will be a “get your own” kind of HODown. Although, I wouldn’t be opposed to pulling a “Lady and the Tramp” moment with @NotJrvedivici :rofl:

2 Likes

Dare I ask which of you is the Lady and which is the Tramp?

2 Likes

I’m in! And I really think we should use @eleeper ‘s brilliant PHOdown for this one…!

1 Like

I’m in too! We went to Pho 99 (Rt 36 in Eatontown) last night and I’m looking forward to comparing the food.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I popped over to Pho Da Nang tonight nursing a massive hangover! Pho might be the perfect hangover food.

10 bucks and the bowl was absolutely massive!

A few tips for pho lovers:

Ask for nuoc beo (beef fat) and spoon some in to your bowl.
Ask for rare beef on the side, that way you have full control over how much it is cooked.
Drain excess water out of the veggie plate before adding it into your pho.

2 Likes

Thanks for adding another place to add to my list to try. Thanks also for the tips, especially about asking for the rare beef on the side. I add my veggies as I need them as I don’t them overcooked either.

1 Like

Where is it, @joonjoon ??

@CurlzNJ You mean Pho Da Nang? It’s in Sayreville on Rt 9.

@MsBean Pho Da Nang has a huge menu you won’t see at most places, well worth checking out. I can’t remember what it’s called on the menu but they have a tabletop cooked beef dish presented similar to Korean BBQ that is absolutely delicious. Think of Korean BBQ lettuce wraps but with more herbs and Vietnamese flavors.

1 Like

I am also fan of Pho da nang
very consistent decent product. Try their Banh mi …pretty decent pick up for when your on the go.
Fresher and tastier than a fast food joint.

2 Likes

Michelle and I are officially in

2 Likes

Mark and I are in. Also, Pho Da Nang is our usual Vietnamese restaurant; we probably go once a month. Mark goes for the #18 (pho with grilled pork) and I get the #20A (wonton soup with yellow noodles). In the summertime I get the #21 (shrimp summer roll).

1 Like

Looks like so far we have at least 8 people. The good news is that for this gathering at least, we don’t have to reserve a table in advance! :grin:

1 Like

Pretty sure I can make it. I’ll try and bring friends.

2 Likes

Is this still on? If so, do we have a time?

Seal said noon in his original post. I’m assuming we’re still on; why wouldn’t we be?

Thanks, Evelyn. I must have missed the noon. I asked as a lot can happen in 19 days.

1 Like

We are going this Sunday, Feb 9th at noon. But you’re right, a lot can happen, so just so I can give them a heads up, let’s get a head count.

I’m in for two people.

I’m in.

I’m in too!