Pho in Monmouth County

My go to places for pho is Pho Viet Express in Toms River (I know its Ocean County but close enough) and Pho 99 in Eatontown. I eat more often at Pho Viet and prefer their broth a little more than Pho 99 but it depends on the day. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

That’s our favorite too!!!

1 Like

For example, I think they have about twenty different Phos, as well as a full Vietnamese menu (four columns, or about 100 items on their paper menu). Mark always gets Pho Thit Heo Nuung (Pho with Grilled Pork on the side); I get Mi Hoanh Thanh (Wonton Soup with Yellow Noodles, because I’m not a big rice noodle fan).

(Mark likes the #18

4 Likes

I have had Pho a few times, certainly not enough to recommend anything.
I will however recommend Tampopo, a great movie about a woman’s quest to make the best bowl of noodles and the motley crew that helps her.

3 Likes

Man Jr we got crickets on this one!! haha. I personally don’t feel like pho in general and pho99 in particular is an exciting HOdown, I’d much rather do a place with a large menu where we can share a bunch of new things! Unless we do a pho crawl, but logistics on that might be tough.

I agree–pho does not lend itself to the “everyone gets a bit of everything” HOdown we all seem to prefer.