Pete Genovese on NJ.com: "NJ's Best BBQ Joints"

Yes, I’ve seen those posts about pricing as well.
Need to get down to Offshore; I’ve been following him on IG since he opened and a friend has photos hanging in the restaurant–says he’s a great guy and that the Q is delicious.

1 Like

you can get the Academy buses leaving with nobody in them as well, right?

1 Like

Just curious if anyone has tried Dougie’s BBQ in Deal? The family and I were going for a ride last weekend and I noticed it. Never would have thought of Deal as location to open a BBQ place.

Looking at the website, it has the same name and logos as a place I used to use in Boro Park for kosher catering.

Unless things have changed drastically I’d doubt it would be worth your time, unless you are looking for a kosher joint.

1 Like

Although not included in this list but we picked up big Ed’s bbq for a very small birthday party for my 3 year old yesterday. Very tasty and easy process. We called the day ahead to order and because we called during lunch hours they gave us that pricing even though we picked up outside of lunch hours! :exploding_head: The sides were a little skimpy but the ribs were not. Thumbs up!

1 Like

I’ve seen quite a few bikes parked at tst and the outdoor picnic tables were filled with club members on several occasions. I should have stopped by and joined the party. One of these days. I’m smoking some chicken now for chicken chili. She is on her last legs. It is purely wood and charcoal the old fashioned way, no electricity as of a few days ago. I can’t figure out why it won’t heat but is getting power

2 Likes

That beast has seen some good times!

I don’t smoke all that much any more, and for ribs/butts/birds my Weber kettle does a good enough job. Admittedly I’m not getting much more than two racks of ribs on there at a time though. Maybe I could fit 3 if they are St. Louis style.

“you can get the originals direct from Texas by mail order here:”

A search for Pittsburg brand hot links here brought up this old thread. We’re cooking some out on the grill tonight. After 30+ years of buying them, I just now happened to notice the first few ingredients. Beef salivary glands, lymph nodes and fat, water. They’re really good but I wish I could unsee that.

3 Likes

What’s that saying? Something about how you never want to see how the sausage is made…? :joy: :laughing:

2 Likes

Dare I say, lips and assholes. :crazy_face:

1 Like

A couple more

What’s the deal with this?
Myron Mixon franchises?
Is this a good thing for Hoboken and NJ?
:cowboy_hat_face:
Inquiring minds…

1 Like

Definitely a biggie in the world of bbq. He was a regular participant in the Big Apple BBQ event that used to take in June near Madison Square.

I didn’t know about the location in Hoboken. If I lived nearby, I’d be thrilled.

1 Like

A friend of mine will try to check it out, but having just opened yesterday it could be tough to get in, the space doesn’t look big and I would imagine pick up and delivery will be a large chunk of the business

2 Likes