Hillside Café, Bar & Restaurant provides visitors to Penang with a respite from the island’s hawker fare with some inspired British & Continental casual dishes - the best of their kind in George Town, Penang.
- Iced lemon tea.
- Prawn cocktail - a retro appetiser, very popular in the 70s Singapore/Malaysia and perfectly reproduced here.
- Caesar salad, with chicken, bacon and generous shavings of parmesan. The best rendition of this dish I’d ever had anywhere in Malaysia!
- Traditional British fish and chips, served tartare sauce. Malt vinegar is available upon request.
- Bangers and mash - 100% authentic, and also the best I’d tasted in Malaysia. KL doesn’t have any place close to this one in producing great-tasting pub fare.
- Orange cake - rich and moist. Served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream which complemented it perfectly.
- Blueberry cheesecake - very good Graham cracker base.
Address: Hillside Cafe Bar & Restaurant, 3 Jalan Sungai Kelian, 11200, Tanjung Bungah, Penang. Tel: 604-899 8071 (Open daily 8am -10pm, except Monday)