“ PEARL MORISSETTE, Jordan Station, Niagara “ - An eye-opening, splendid and highly educational, farm-to-table, Michelin star quality dining experience…..Part 1 - Private tour

Reminder: please include [City, Neighborhood] in your post title above. If the topic is about a specific eatery, please click the ‘Add Location’ button to enter the address, so your topic shows up in the Topic Map.

Today, under gorgeous weather. After a quick visit to ‘The Falls’, on our way home, I made a slight detour and took my overseas friends to one of my favourite Canadian restaurants - Pearl Morissette, for an early dinner.

Prior to the sit down feast, with a glass of Cave Spring sparkling wine in hand, we were given a private tour by chef Eric Robertson of the restaurant’s flourishing herb and vegetable garden plus its ever expanding free-range chicken, duck and grass-fed “Irish cattle” farm/enclosures! The exhibition of so many different exotic and ‘ proprietary ‘ herbs and vegetable varieties were most fascinating. We were shown how they cultivate rare ‘ White Asparagus ‘, planted Ontario’s only ‘ Passion fruit ‘ trees and even got a chance to help clear out and savour the garden’s last batch of season ending ‘Golden Raspberries’…so sweet and good!

My overseas friends were also being shown around the main dining room atop of the famous ‘ black barn ‘…scheduled to re-open in October!

As well, during the tour and over the course of the evening, I also came across some interesting and funny signs, avian company and spectacular looking sunset cloud patterns!..Enjoy!

5 Likes