Paris,solo Sunday evening

Hi, I’ll be in Paris next weekend. I’ll be staying in the 11. I’m looking for a good warm place for a solo diner. Been to Paris many many times but need some new ideas. I’ll eat almost anything but don’t like Korean or expensive set menu places. I can travel via metro anywhere in Paris so geography is not a big deal. Soces, Istr, Amarante? Had a great meal @ Enfants du Marche in April, so that’s on my radar as a walk on for Saturday. Thanks for the help.

We had a delicious meal at Kubri in the 11th. Also have heard good things about ChoCho and Clown Bar used to have bar seating,

1 Like

Chocho bar seat would be a great choice. Liked it there a lot last month.

My favorite places for solo dining on Sundays: Amarante, L’Assiette or Grande Brasserie. Ate lunch last week at ChoCho for the first time and enjoyed that (just home and haven’t had time to write up the trip), also meals at L’Assiette and Grande Brasserie. Also really wonderful meals, this time with others.

Depends on what you want, but they are all places that will welcome you warmly. Take a look at the menus is what I would recommend, and decide based on what you are in the mood for, though I think reservations are necessary. The three I recommend are all more traditional than otherwise, and mostly because ChoCho and Soces would not have been on my radar until recently. But if you want an interesting, fish forward meal, I think Soces would be great, and ChoCho is more tapas (but quite interesting), and I think maybe better if you can share plates (but that would be me). I’ve never eaten at lstr, but it also looks like an excellent choice to me.

Just realized that Dilia is also open on Sunday. Italian chef turning out incredible food (ate there last week also). This is a set menu (though not expensive or complicated or fussy). Basically, there’s a set menu of the night and then other courses that you can either add or switch for something you don’t eat. Very welcoming, though I’ve only eaten there twice, and both times with another person. Still, if you are in the mood for a meal that will include a pasta course, you might like this.

I think it’s no longer so difficult to find excellent places to eat in Paris on Sunday, and Paris has always (in my experience) been welcoming to solo diners.

1 Like

Thanks. I was looking at Amarante, gotta love a place with a point of view.

3 Likes

Istr is a very good fish restaurant. It’s the only place I’ve eaten at in Paris where the oysters are detached from the bottom shell.

1 Like

Istr also has an oyster happy hour, every night at 6:00. We really enjoyed it when we went a year or so ago. Very welcoming and had a nice chat with the guy working the bar.

1 Like