Paris -- John Talbott

Does anyone know how he’s doing?
..png

He’s still around. He posted on Facebook back in July. Nothing on https://johntalbottsparis.typepad.com/john_talbotts_paris/ since Feb. 2020. Ah, if only he resumed blogging!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, John!

I really appreciated all of his advice on Chowhound and was also wondering how he was doing

2 Likes

John Talbott- maybe if we say his name enough- (1) we invoke him, (2) he self-googles and our chatter shoots to the top of his hits or (3) unknown outcome. John Talbott (one more for good measure).

2 Likes

John Talbott

1 Like

John Talbott

1 Like

What a lovely thread. I’ll let John know.
My favorite faithful lunch companion and I, instead of lunching together these days, watch soccer cyber-together.
When I miss him too much, I go to his fave restaurants like Chantoiseau, Petit Boutary, Condessa, Arcane, Coretta…, all of which are going strong.

10 Likes

Thank you

Okay then- at least we know he is accounted for and knows he is missed. If he slips a good restaurant name, an inspiration, any news from the mountain top- please keep us in the loop! Cheers and enjoy John Talbott…

I need to email John to see how he’s doing. Back in the summer he told me he had lost his sense of taste. I do hope it’s come back. He hasn’t been back to Paris since the start of the pandemic, and didn’t have any plans to be.

4 Likes

How terrible for him to lose his sense of taste! A friend of mine for whom singing is a huge part of his life has lost his voice, and it’s really hit hm hard.
Thanks for the information. Please keep us posted

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of this. Back in the day, I studied lots on wine- but it is not something my body can handle anymore and must be careful with foods. I cannot even imagine losing my sense of taste for someone like John. If this state of affairs remain- I wish him new joys and companionship is not lost. It is quite understandable why he would not like to visit here. I think from everyone- whoever is in contact with him please send our best regards and best wishes for any of his new journeys. We will all happily say hello should he decide to pop in for whatever reason.

4 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response. I have emailed and spoken with John and Sue. John still has no sense of taste, and oddly not due to Covid, which they both contracted long after, i.e. this January. All recovered now, but John is not able to travel to Paris anymore, and their apartment in the 18th is on the market. It’s a two-bedroom with two balconies, very quiet and in a nice location. The asking price is 615,000 euros. Unfortunately they chose a broker who has not advertised it on the websites that are most used by potential buyers, either in France or internationally. Their listing contract runs for a couple more months, and at that point they will likely find another agent. Being a broker myself, in New York, I am trying to help them get more attention for it.

I have posted the listing and a better description of the apartment (in English) that the Talbotts sent me, on my blog:

https://robertrems.com/2023/02/23/apartment-in-paris-for-sale-18th-arr-2-bedrooms-with-balcony-615000-euros/](https://robertrems.com/2023/02/23/apartment-in-paris-for-sale-18th-arr-2-bedrooms-with-balcony-615000-euros/)

5 Likes

I’ll pass this on to a DC realtor

I can’t imagine the apartment lasting very long on PAP.

In France, you can post it in Seloger, PAP, Bienici, even le Bon Coin. Usually the flat will be gone quite fast (if the price is right), especially in Paris.

Don’t know which site his agent used. If it’s not exclusive, you can ask several agents to help to sell the flat.

1 Like

Seloger seems to be the most popular. I had already sent them that. Unfortunately their agent doesn’t use it. And it is an exclusive. So they will probably wait for it to expire. I’m forwarding the other sites you list.

I hope he’s feeling the love.

1 Like

I learned so much from John Talbott. Wish I could have taken him to lunch.

3 Likes

Amen!