[Paris] E Dehillerin shopping

@Trish

I second @kaleokahu, the guide is very helpful. But double check to make sure the shops still exist as it’s a 2010 guide.

Thank you Kaleo, I had forgotten about that Lebovitz post. I love E Dehillerin, and go every time I am in Paris. Sadly, luggage space dictates you cant bring home all that you would want to buy there. I did get to handle and size some Staub pots that I then purchased on my return to the US, and did bring home 2 medium sized stainless steel trays that I had never seen anywhere else. They have higher rims, and are the perfect size for putting everything from a roast chicken or stuff from the grill into before serving or cutting up. They get used several times a week in our house.

What inevitably comes home from E Dehillerin is one or more small paring knives…for home use as well as to give away as gifts.

If you have any interest in real and fine Japanese ingredients and cookware, take a look at Workshop ISSE. Rue St Augustin, a bit southeast of Opera metro. Vintage vinegars, aged plum wines, hard to find outside of Japan condiments, adorable service, appropriate (aka not inexpensive) pricing. An education as well as fabulous source.

Any particular brand of paring knife?

Very interesting. Paris is such a wealth of culinary treasures.

(post deleted by author)

Agree completely, had a nice lunch at Loup a couple of months ago, sitting outside and making friends with the large dog that was sunning herself there too.

1 Like

They are not branded…so I think it is just a house brand made for the shop.