Paris 75009 recs bakery, cheese, crepes, bars, wineshop

Bonjour! We stayed in the 5th previously for a few months in 2017 and were grateful for the time so many of you volunteered to making amazing recommendations and discussions (on Chowhound). We are staying on Rue Turgot 75009 Paris France until the 4th of January. Apologies that this post is very last minute at a busy time of year but I will post a separate one for the Quartier D’aligre as we will be there for the following 3 weeks. This post will be about the 75009. We have already scoured HO recent posts and can see that a.lea, Petrelle and Brasserie Bellanger are nearby so will likely try these. We have previously enjoyed La Condesa, L’Arcane and Chez Michel in this vicinity. A family friendly local favourite bistro would be handy to know (we also love taking the kids to the bouillons and have tried most of these but are looking forward to trying Republique and Pharamond this time).

But we are also particularly interested in trying any local favourite bakeries/patisseries for croissants, baguettes, eclairs and shopping for cheese (saw Ferme Saint Hubert recommended on here), a wine shop, charcuterie, bars for apero and a local crepe place. To give you an idea, previously in the 5th our kids loved the warm baguettes (at any time of day which for us is pure luxury) from Eric Kayser and the croissants and kouign-amann from Sebastien Degardin. We bought cheese from Laurent Dubois and ate crepes at Le Pot O’ Lait. We got wine recs from La Fontaine aux vins and sometimes Philovino. We loved the market at Place Monge. Bars nearby that we liked included Les Closeries du Lilas piano bar (as visitors we liked the historical nature of the place). thanks again for your time.

Le Pain et les Idées is entirely worthy of its reputation for boulangerie.

For restos in the 9th and 10th: eels, 52 Faubourg St-Denis, Richer, l’Office, Chocho, Juste, Dante, l’Alsace.

I’ll come up with more, I’m sure.

Not sure if it’s still of any use, as you’re already leaving tomorrow, but for brasseries: Bellanger is a 7 min walk and Les Canailles Pigalle is about twice as far (and twice as nice).

This is also a little late, but one of my faves in the 9th is Caillebotte at 8 rue Hippolyte Lebas. For fish I also like Belle Maison on rue de Navarin.