Palumbo's Pizza Little Silver NJ (AKA Slices of Hope)

Chicago Meat Lovers quite a meal. Hawaiian Personal. Slice of Hope salad.
20210924_195503

20210924_195715
20210924_200214_01

6 Likes

They look good great hope you enjoyed!

What’s in that salad? Rap what kind of cheese is that?

We got food from there last night. Cheesesteaks was good we always. Fries were under salted this time, but texture was in point. The revelation this time was the arugula pie. Really refreshing and the crust held up against the ingredients on top. Will def be ordering that one again soon.

@KAOSKitchen very interested in hearing about that salads.

@NotJrvedivici they did a beautiful job with the renovation. Last few times I’ve been there they’ve had parties going on including the last time with the whole restaurant full. Always really nice people as well. Keep waiting to see you there order the lobster….lol

Field greens lettuce mix, kalamata!, red onion, salami, blue crumbles, croutons, balsamic dressing side. Enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Decided to celebrate the Giants victory with a visit to my buddy Eddie’s place. I had the chicken francese, sole over broccoli rabe and pasta ala’Terry! (It’s on the secret menu) Everything was great!

Uh-oh forgot the pic of the sole!

11 Likes

Went back for a quick casual dinner on Friday night, as you know I’m a fan of the place but let me tell you besides the pizza the food from the kitchen is excellent. Last Monday (Columbus Day) I was in the mood for pizza and figuring my buddy Eddie would be off for the day, I ordered from my “old favorite” pizza place. I won’t name them as I still want them to do well, but I was VERY unhappy with the pizza. The Sicilian slice I ordered was on what seemed like unfinished crust, it was like a slice of Texas Toast untoasted, it was miserable. So I had to get a fix of a good Sicilian pie and Palumbo’s delivered!!

However let me tell you about the other dish on the table, my wife ordered (special) sole francese over broccoli rabe. She gave me a bit and I ate half the dish. The serving size is ridiculously large and I would pay $30+ for it in any table clothed restaurant. Truly a good dish if it’s up your ally, no fishy taste at all!!

6 Likes

They really are doing a great job there these days. And such nice people as well

I read they are updating menu which I’m looking forward to as a lot of the best stuff they offer isn’t really displayed on menus/website. Def looking forward to ordering more stiff here as it’s all been excellent so far.

2 Likes

Agreed. Eddy is a great guy too! Happy to support them

1 Like

@NotJrvedivici feel like this is bat signal for you. Your buddy is stepping up his game. Love to see it

2 Likes

Will say I also saw on Facebook they are doing a bar pie style pizza now. So of course ordered that last night. Well done with the roni cups. Damned good if you like a crispier super thin crust. Def another one to add to the list. Ordered mozzarella sticks for kids and have to say they were way above what you expect from a pizzeria they are def putting out sit down restaurant quality stuff there

1 Like

Did you dine there last night? I was there with the family (3/4) from 6:30-7:30pm! Lol

2 Likes

No sadly. Delivery this time, work has been nuts lately . I keep expecting to spot you there one day.

I’m glad they are expanding the menu there as everything we’ve gotten has been good or better. I just wish would explain more of the menu, some of the pies, salads, etc have no explication or descriptions. I’m sure they will rectify, but I’m def looking forward to trying more stuff there. I know you have given thumbs up the the fish and steaks. Always love a nice steak!

2 Likes

Ordered again tonight. Bar pie with half meatball and cheesesteak with extra cheese. Did not disappoint. Extra cheese is the hack for the cheesesteak I think. The bar pie is quickly becoming a fav of mine locally. Really good. Enjoyed the meatballs as well as a topping.

2 Likes

I picked up takeout from here last night for the first time. We got delivery from them last summer, but this year, it seems we’re too far. Told Eddie it was the first time I’ve seen him since Deal. The place was probably 60% full at 7 p.m. on a Thursday. He said four of the tables were Deal customers. He is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

We ordered the Rocky Balboa pie and a California-style cheesesteak. Eddie said we ordered the best two things on the menu. Pie had quite the kick to it with those cherry peppers. We loved it. Oddly, I didn’t like the cheesesteak. It tasted like it had blue cheese on it, which I hate. I’m guessing that the provolone was more tangy than I’m used to. Can’t wait to try the meatballs!

4 Likes

Went again tonight. Arugula pie is great. Hack is to add Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze. Next level. The had a fresh drunken chicken pie so I grabbed a slice of that for lunch tmw. Do happy to have such a great place so close

3 Likes

Dude, this is how rumors get started!! I was there for pick-up/take out 7-ish. Lol Half rocky balboa and half regular sicilian. Great as usual!

5 Likes

Stopped in for a large pepperoni onion and side of meatballs. Great non-greasy crust. Made some good use of the meatballs in another dish. Good stuff.

7 Likes

Glad you enjoyed! Nice to be able to refer a friend with confidence.

1 Like

Shout out to my friend Eddie, another great meal. Artichoke francese app, chicken Murphy, chicken scarp and a “Teri’s Pasta” - linguini with garlic oil, spinach, chicken, hot Italian sausage and shrimp. (It’s an inside tip, tell them Big Bob sent you :wink:)

No pics too busy eating, great local spot!

6 Likes

Gotta try the artichoke app next time. I keep forgetting, I know you’ve mentioned it a cpl times now. The bar pie is def my #1 locally by far, nothing else locally keeps up. I keep meaning to try a Detroit style too, just keep coming back to the bar pie.
We usually go chicken piccata and penne vodka lately. The ginger balsamic dressing on a salad is money too. They are really firing in all cylinders there lately. Would have loved to hear @corvette_johnny s take on their cheesesteak as well.

4 Likes