Palumbo's Pizza Little Silver NJ (AKA Slices of Hope)

Tonight was a Rocky Balboa pie, artichoke francese and my new favorite “Pasta Terry”.

I was there having dinner a month ago and the woman next to me was eating a simple plate of pasta and spinach with garlic and evoo. The aromas coming from the woman’s dish compelled me to ask what she was having, she replied: “I’m eating healthy so Eddie makes this dish for me”. I called Eddie over and I said: “I’ll take what she’s having” however he made mine with chicken and shrimp as the protein. I love it!

8 Likes

Looks really good. Really like what they are doing there. Def a solid spot for sure!

1 Like

Agreed big fan of theirs. I haven’t been as adventurous as you, sticking to basics but they have all been great. I am curious though regarding their pies what the difference is between the Grandma and the Nonna? I need to remember to ask Eddy next time….nice guy. They keep messing up delivery to my house and he always wants to give me a gift card to make up for it.

2 Likes

Honestly I forget, I’ve had them both and enjoyed them but I forget the differences. Since I “discovered” the Rocky Balboa I’ve been hooked on that, so when we want a pie this has become it.

Got plain pie, chicken fingers, fries, and cheesesteak again tonight. Fries got a lot better and are a really good value. Cheesesteak was really good as usual, only complaint is that it looks to have gotten a little smaller, but could just be a one off. Really enjoying the food they put out. Pie was solid local pie too.

1 Like

In my opinion you have two general pizza places these days, the Porta and Gallery’s etc and your corner pizza joint. This is more the latter to me, but a darn good one with some good food coming out of the kitchen too boot.

I think Eddie’s past experience with sit down dining is elevating this corner pizza place to a higher level than your Attilio’s etc.

Glad you are enjoying and let’s hope the cheesesteak was a one off, decent ones are hard to come by in the area.

2 Likes

A good corner pizza place is (also) a beautiful thing! I’m rarely up that way, but I’ll certainly try it if I am.

1 Like

Agree. They are not a destination pizza place like those spots. But they are now the tops of my neighborhood spots. Def really like what they are doing. I need to get more adventurous with the rest of the menu. Someone said the meatballs were good too I think? Would love to find a good meat ball hero locally

1 Like

Last night turned out to be a pizza night but not until 9 pm and Palumbo’s was closed. Attilio’s again. Will definitely give them a try soon, looks good.

1 Like

First order tonight. Side of Meatballs, Chef Salad, Personal Hawaiian (for those who are inclined), Vodka Chicken Nonna. Asked for their best pizza without telling me and received the Nonna. Been trying to get out of my comfort zone. Good flavor and will order again.
Kudos for using real olives and not the California ones.

7 Likes

Nice! Thanks for trying glad you enjoyed.

1 Like

The vodka chicken nonna pizza is very good. How were the meatballs?
The cheesesteak there is also good. Never gonna top the best ones in philly. But locally is def among the better ones and a great value. The large def can feed 2

My only negative so far is that when they heat the slices there they are never hot enough. My only complaint so far

1 Like

Tell them to crisp them up! Glad you like it!

2 Likes

Tonight’s takeout pies

5 Likes

5 Likes

Eddie gave me a heads up they were catering a party so so had lobster and steak on hand so I came running! An excellent chopped salad and a great steak Murphy style. A couple chicken parms, chicken Murphy, sole oregano and linguine Teri! All delicious!! Thank you Eddie!! As their catering expands look for more specials!

11 Likes

Looks great. Was that eat in? How was the parm? Was the salad a one off? Sorry for all the questions. Just excited to see and hear about good stuff there

The salad is a chopped antipasto salad with meats and cheeses (good provolone) with homemade croutons tossed in a balsamic dressing. Really good!

Yes it was eat in on Thursday night so we watched the Field of Dreams game there. Historic memory’s!!

The parms were for future son in law and sons friend and they both claimed to enjoy. We also had a cheese garlic bread, typical pizza parlor bread with a nice balance of garlic and oil with a mozzarella topping.

Good stuff!!

5 Likes

@NotJrvedivici nice to hear. I gotta try that salad. Been on the hunt for good ones locally lately. MJs has a pretty good one with pears and feta. But this one sounds great. I’ll look for this next time we order.

1 Like

I can’t watch that movie without crying my eyes out at the end.

My Father taught me baseball as a kid and he later had a lot of health problems so this film resonates with me.

Oh, we didn’t have a catch, we played catch. :baseball: :baseball: :baseball:

6 Likes