Palm Coast/St. Augustine Florida

Hi HO’s - we are heading to the Palm Coast/St. Augustine area in a couple of weeks and I’d love it if anyone has any dining suggestions. We love Italian food, but American, Continental, works. Not interested at this point in Chinese, or Indian. Thanks!

One of the best local faves is O’Steens, just across the Bridge of Lions from the old town.

Theres no ambiance…its in a converted gas station, and there are no reservations, no booze, and no credit cards.

Show up, put your name on the list, and go browse the antique store next door til they call your name.

Then sit down to the best Minorcan clam chowder anywhere (made with local datil peppers) and a plate of the freshest hand battered shrimp anywhere. The breading is ethereally thin and it’s fried to perfection. Comes with your choice of housemade sides (Southern cooking).

Friendly, fast service and great food. It was one of the things I jonesed for most when we lived in Europe and one of the first road trips we made when we returned to the US.

Yes, I have scheduled weekends in St Augustine just because I needed a fix. Lol

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Columbia Restaurant in the historic district in St. Augustine- yes it is expensive, but well worth it IMO.

https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location/Locations/St-Augustine-Historic-District

Thank you vafarmwife and welcome to HO!

Been lurking for years. Thank you. The mojito at Columbia will knock you on your behind! I got the 1905 salad and the shrimp and yellow rice. I remember thinking just how simple the dish was, but how delicious the flavor.

1 Like

The 1905 salad is one of their most popular dishes…and absolutely craveworthy.

It’s a part of the legendary Columbia which started up in Tampa in 1905. The original motto of "the queen of Spanish restaurants is still used. And still applies.

For something really different, try the paella Valeciana (a signature dish), grouper a la russe, or the snapper Alicante. All delicious.

That looks like my kind of salad!!! Place looks like a must try. Thanks @vafarmwife and @Sunshine842

1 Like