Palm City Wines [San Francisco, Outer Sunset]

Bright and airy cafe in the Outer Sunset serving gourmet sandwiches, salads and a well curated selection of local beer with mostly European wines. I got the Italian American hoagie [Mortadella, Finocchiona, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Shaved Onion, Arugula and N’duja Sauce on a Hoagie Roll]. $16, so after tax and tip you are in $20, but this is a massive sandwich and you could split this and a salad with another person and easily be full. Top quality ingredients, the baby arugula greens were tossed with a vinegary/lemon dressing - the sandwiches are made with care. Sorry for the poor interior shot but they neglected to cut it and I was dismayed to find that I did not have a serrated knife in my car so had to tear it. Would love to try more of their menu sometime.

5 Likes

The picture of the hand ripped hoagie puts me right in the middle of the action!

I really like how greens play a central role in the sandwiches i’ve eaten there. A few months back, I got the roast pork sandwich, and did a double take when I tasted a heavy helping of an assertive brassica, as if some rule of sandwichdom had finally been broken. Great bread too.

2 Likes

Who has a serrated knife in their car???! :grinning:

3 Likes

You’d be surprised. I probably could have at least dug up a plastic one actually, but I was too impatient!

1 Like

I don’t blame you. The sandwich looks awfully good!

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold

Market stall in Lima
Credit: TXMX 2