Oysters!!!

Four days in a row.

A trip to my cousin’s and husband’s awesome Galveston canal home was preceded by a swing through Surfside for lunch at the Red Snapper Inn.

We ordered po boys, oyster for the Wifeacita and shrimp for myself because they are so good, plus an ala carte fried oyster. They messed up and brought a fried shrimp order but it was quickly comped by owner Lin.

A fried shrimp and oyster side plus two po boys and there wasn’t a seafood crumb left although we did bring some excellent home fries back, think potato chips freshly fried. The oysters were big, fat, sweet Matagorda Bay specimens. That was Friday.

Saturday saw cousin C, husband T, and sister cuzin C, plus the Wifeacita and I hit Benno’s in Galveston. Cuz’s family had a mixture of fried shrimp, blackened shrimp and oysters. The oysters were from Louisiana, small but flavourful.

Sunday was a return to Red Snapper Inn on the way home with an oyster po boy for Wifeacita and fish for myself plus some extra oysters and shrimp with some leftover for Monday.

T and I got in a little fishing on his nice boat although we didn’t catch anything of note it’s great to be out on Galveston Bay plus checking out all the boats and houses on the canals.

Icing on the cake was watching the Astros advance to the World Series while the silver Hornitos margaritas flowed plus Dripping Springs vodka.

3 Likes