Owners of Barnwood Grill, Newtown, CT to open resto in Port Chester...

Work is underway at the former Arrosto space on S. Regent Street in Port Chester, originally the home of the long gone Sawpit. New owners currently operate the popular Barnwood Grill, an American restaurant and tavern in Newtown, CT. Not sure if it will carry the same name. They are aiming at a mid-January 2017 opening…More to follow.

Yay,
Although I didn’t even realize arrosto was closed- kept meaning to try it .Hopefully a “grill/tavern” will have more affordable pricing. I also noticed that the (closed) Chinese restaurant near there is being renovated - Azteca(?) ,I think.

Yes it is, richb51, Inca & Azteca. If I am not mistaking, they used to be further down Westchester Ave. in a larger space. Some trading spaces going on, I believe…

It is called Rela Café and it opened late January. Managing partner Ben Gashi had worked here when it was called Hosteria Mazzei. Partner Denard Krabani owns Barnwood Grill in Newtown, CT.
The look will be familiar to those who have visited the most recent incarnations, but the menu now sports burgers to pizza, osso buco to fish & chips.
We had our first meal and overall it was fine. My three-meat (KP 3) burger was plump, juicy and served just as ordered. The fish & chips were good and fresh as well, served in generous portions. Caveat: the beer selection could use an upgrade.

I heard in the grapevine that Rela Café had a good Happy Hour going during the week. I got there about 4:30 pm and the bar area was quiet. The friendly barkeep kept the conversation going though, as I drank my Stella. The happy hour menu looked good, too. I went for the Meatball Sliders, 3 nice size ones topped with melted mozzarella and tomato sauce, served with fries. A great deal for five bucks! Good, too. More patrons came in and I noticed their orders of good-sized Margherita pizzas and Crab Cake Sliders. By the time I left, the bar area was full…