OT Other things to do during the quarantine

I have this in the schedule for Month 2.

I’m going to beat this virus, one cupboard at a time.

6 Likes

Send him over here when he’s done with your house. He can take his Kondo on the road.

4 Likes

I asked first!! :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I ran across “A Charlie Brown Christmas” on the dvr. We’re going to watch it.

4 Likes

I just don’t understand how sheltered people can’t get enough exercise. They say older people worry about the Hereafter. Indeed. You walk into a room, look around with a vacant look on your face and wonder “What am I hereafter.” So like today, in bed I remind myself to bring a trash bin upstairs after breakfast because tomorrow is trash pick up. And, of course, after breakfast I waft upstairs emptyhanded. Shoot! Back downstairs and return with trash bin but without cell phone. Back down and upstairs… You get the point.

4 Likes

I decided today was the day I would fire up the TV and watch four or five or 10 movies back-to-back. So, clicked on Xfinity and scrolled through the film catalogue–about 350 features. Saw nothing, N-O-T-H-I-N-G that I wanted to give two hours of my life to.

2 Likes

I feel you! There’s never anything I want to watch on demand. BUT…If you can rent a tuba to Cuba, I highly recommend it! (Unless you’re not a music fan…) and somewhere here on HO there’s a thread about food related movies.

1 Like

Tomorrow is another day of confinement, so I’ll search harder for that title.

1 Like

Pure joy, imo!

Yeah, we turned off the tv and dusted off the four trivial pursuit packages (one of which had never been opened for 10+ years). I may reconnect wii later this week :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We’re entering week two . . . or is it week three? . . . of nothing being open. No bars, no restaurants, no theaters. etc. We have only grocery stores and pharmacies with empty shelves. Restaurants that were doing curbside takeout have decided it’s no longer worth it.

They’ve shut down the parks, arboretums, etc.

Churches have cancelled Holy Week observances and Temples have cancelled Passover services.

Mom. cat and I may go crazy if this lasts another week :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s going to be 62 degrees next week . Closet’s neighbor 1 . Is 500 feet . Rake the big yard .

2 Likes

Yeah, but mom’s 91 and I’m on hold for a new hip when elective surgery is allowed again. Not great candidates for raking the big yard.

2 Likes

I’m still doing while I can . Kudos to you and your mom .

1 Like

Do you have access to Turner Classic Movies? They’re uncut and commercial free, I’ve seen 8 or 10 good ones lately the latest being “Shampoo.”

3 Likes

I’m going to assume you’ve tried Flavorful Origins, but if you have not, check it out. I find it mesmerizing.

Oops. Netflix, not Xfinity.

3 Likes

Milk Street has opened up their online cooking classes…they’re free to all through the end of April

1 Like

Food shops remain open in the UK. The problem is for those of us (older or with vulnerable health conditions) who have been strongly advised to stay at home, except for a daily exercise period. The government is urging people to buy food via supermarket home delivery services. Which is fine if you can get a delivery slot - but demanad has no increased so much that there are no slots available. We are fortunate in that we booked two slots early last week for the coming two weeks. But there is nothing now available into the future. It’s the uncertainty that’s the worrying thing. I’m so used to going to the supermakret and getting whatever I need, when I need it. It’s going to take a little while to adjust to the new reality (and I’m not even yet sure what the new reality is).

2 Likes

Green fingers is a nice film, on amazon. Also what we did on our holiday with billy Connolly (love him). When your older like us it’s harder to find films we haven’t seen but if they are old enough we’ve probably forgotten and can watch again. Another we watched the other day, from 1950, was kind hearts and coronets. Loved it.

1 Like

Green fingers with helen mirren, nice film.
What we did on our holiday with billy Connolly. Wonderful.
Lastly a very old one from 1950, kind hearts and coronets, we enjoyed.

1 Like