Oslo, Norway? City center. Stockholm?

Hello, I’m looking for suggestions for a few meals in Oslo Norway in early July. Don’t need Michelin level, something reliable and representative of Norwegian cuisine would be ideal. We have 2 lunches and 2 dinners I believe.

And one lunch in Stockholm on a cruise port stop, Swedish and delicious-not fancy!

Appreciate any guidance, thanks!

1 Like

It has been 20 years since I lived in Stockholm and 8 years since my last visit so I really hope these places haven’t declined post pandemic.

My favorite place to eat in Stockholm on a summer day is Rosendals Trädsgårdskafe. This is an apple orchard with an organic garden that serves lovely salads, sandwiches, and baked goods. It was always one of my favorite places to get lunch in nice weather. You sit outside. It is on Djurgården where several of the popular museums are.

David Lebovitz wrote a blog entry about their bakery and his lunch at the cafe 10 years ago

Another casual place to eat would be to go to one of the food halls. Östermalms Saluhall is very traditional and you can find various Swedish goods to form the basis of a picnic or get some seafood at Lisa Elmqvist.

https://en.ostermalmshallen.se/

Enjoy your visit to the Nordics

1 Like

MIght this thread be better placed in the “rest of the world” forum where contributors would expect to find Scandanavian content?

2 Likes

I struggle with finding the right spot here, will cross post, thanks for the suggestion.

Rest of World: Sorry for the cross post, I’m still learning how to post here.

Hello, I’m looking for suggestions for a few meals in Oslo Norway in early July. Don’t need Michelin level, something reliable and representative of Norwegian cuisine would be ideal. We have 2 lunches and 2 dinners I believe.

And one lunch in Stockholm on a cruise port stop, Swedish and delicious-not fancy!

Appreciate any guidance, thanks!