One53 Restaurant, Rocky Hill (Somerset County)

Surprised on a search of the NJ Board that One53 Restaurant in Rocky Hill (Somerset County, but near the borders of Princeton and Franklin) hasn’t been discussed (or at least according to my search skills). It’s not exactly around the corner for me in Monmouth, but the teen kid had an event nearby and we had a few hours to kill, and what a great place to kill a few hours. Started at the smallish bar, with two very friendly bartenders and patrons who all seemed to be regulars. Was very pleased to find Castle & Key rye whiskey on the shelf. Wife had a nice 10 oz pour of a Chardonnay. Following our drinks, moved to a table where we had more wine for her and a couple of Hoegaardens for me. Our starters included a wedge salad with thick cuts of pork belly and a delicious salmon tartare. Mains included a spicy shrimp scampi and blackened swordfish. Finished the evening with an incredibly delicious pound cake with vanilla ice cream. The place was hopping, we had incredibly good service and a really great night out. Wish they were closer as I could easily see myself being a regular.

6 Likes

One53 website

1 Like

Haven’t been there in so many years. Happy to see that they are still around and that the food is still top notch.