One18 Bistro (New) Deal, New Jersey

Well at least you don’t need 2d mortgage to afford the NY strip at $24.

Ooooooh.

1 Like

Being a bear of very little brain I am confoozled.

Is “Ooooooh” better than “Eeuuwww”?

Mr. C’s is usually disappointing. Go for the view not the food.

I did give it wrong name in my title…sorry.

Yes, Pooh. It’s an extended OH, as opposed to an extended EWW. :yum:

1 Like

I think One 18 Bistro has earned its own thread. We’ve eaten at One 18 Bistro two Friday’s in a row: first with two friends and then with four different friends. The first time, the gentlemen both had a paella special and consumed it without sharing. I ordered grouper piccata over broccoli rabe, a special, and the other Mrs. ordered a pasta dish. We all loved our food. Eddie came out and asked how we enjoyed our meals. A great night.

On the next visit, three ordered the NY strip. Suckers were three inches thick and cooked perfectly. Each took some home for welcome leftovers. I had bronzino special. One had the gluten-free grilled peach flatbread and said it was really good. My husband had the burger–the only disappointment of the evening. He ordered it medium-rare and it was overcooked and lacking in flavor. It was such a festive evening that he didn’t say anything until just now when I asked.

The do adult beverages well and have a nice selection of wine at not-ridiculous prices.

1 Like

FYI there is one. (I tried moving your post but am having an issue on my cell)

1 Like

A three inch thick NY strip for 24 bucks? Is this the same steak Jr gets? That sounds too good to be true for 24 bucks. We could be talking about different steaks though.

1 Like

My DW bought tickets for last night with another couple to: https://www.axelrodartscenter.com/mamma-mia?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjNGemMeJ4QIV2EwNCh0W-wdNEAAYASAAEgItX_D_BwE
No brainer to have a 6pm dinner at 118 Bistro for an 8 o’clock show. Loved the red snapper & my DW loved the tuna. The lobster guacamole was spot on. To my surprise, I also enjoyed the show! The Axelrod is a great theatre & this performance used a professional cast. Terrific dinner & a show at a big discount!

4 Likes

Haven’t been to One18, but I’ve seen a number of excellent productions at the Axelrod; they get some legit performers and the space is beautiful.

Rare occasion had All 3 of kids home and one of there significants on what was to be a warm Sat. Night. Tried my best to get a reservation in Asbury or near by to go for a walk on boardwalk after. Called too late to get a table for usual places so I checked the HO and found reasonably good reviews here.
7 pm reservations seated quickly. Tables maybe 80%
Capacity. Server Brian was amiable and responsive.
Bread was enjoyable came with butter, cinnamon butter and olives.
Apps were calamari special fries and tossed with lemon and peppers
Artichokes francaise, flatbread with pears balsamic
Arugula
All ok
Entrees were
Steak as good as advertised!
Burger
Ceviche very good
Fusilli. Good
Lobster ravioli good
Shrimp with lime and quinoa which I had
There was a bitterness to it , couldn’t explain it but I realize lime pits must have found its way in the mix

All in in all a solid meal
Decent value

7 Likes

Glad to hear you liked it. Nice report.

These calamari fries have me thinking. Do they do anything special to them or is it just an elongated cut of the squid body? Were the peppers hot? This sounds like an interesting dish.

Glad you enjoyed the steak!!!

1 Like

It was a special that I didn’t get…
I enjoy fried calamari that’s crispy on the outside
The lemon and peppers they dressed it with
Made them soggy …found it “odd…?”
We ate all of it though

My son had the steak he enjoyed it and finished it real fast. It appeared to be as big as advertised.

3 Likes

Exactly it’s a Outback priced steak of much higher quality in a far superior environment.

2 Likes

This steak is calling my name, I just wish it were 10 min closer.

1 Like

Give my friends Eddie and his wife Debbie a shout out. I got to-go from them last night, cub side pick up and delivery options available. Nice job guys everything was great!

1 Like

Funny. I found a business card from One 18 in my wallet this morning and wondered how they were making out. Glad to know they’re still open and turning out great food.

1 Like

During my 10 minute stop while they brought out my food, I saw two delivery drivers pack up and leave so it seems their take out/delivery is doing ok. The menu and prices are pretty good, though no $24 strip steak!! lol (FYI all entree’s are $15. and salads are $10 but easily enough for 2)

3 Likes