One House Bakery, Benicia

One House Bakery is a fairly new bakery in Benecia. It’s been around for about a year I think but has garnered a good reputation among Vallejo/Benicia locals. We’ve gotten their baguettes and they are very good. They have other bread options like a country loaf which we have not yet tried. They have a huge selection of sweets and pastries which we have not tried yet. They also serve lunch. We went last weekend for lunch and it was a very good experience. They have an extensive outdoor dog-friendly back area where we sat with our pooch. We both ordered the BLT lunch special. Served on their in-house ciabatta with arugula, fresh tomatoes and thick-cut bacon it was extremely satisfying. This place is an oasis in a part of the Bay Area lacking in quality food options. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

I’ll second your recommendation. I went last Saturday around 10 AM and was able to get through the line quickly. By the time I left around noon, the line was out the door. I had the pistachio cherry croissant and a Cuban meat pie. What I loved even more was my friend’s vegetable pot pie. The crust was so flaky and the vegetable filling was delicious. I’d eat here all the time if it was nearby.

1 Like