One dinner in Portland [OR] - thoughts?

Parameters: we are picking someone up at the airport at 7:30 a week from tomorrow so need a place that takes reservations or that we can walk into at or shortly after 5 and get a table for 3. I have a tragic shellfish/cephalopod allergy (finfish are OK) so any place known mainly for shellfish/cephalopods is out.

Some places that look interesting so far: Olympia Provisions Southeast, Davenport, Laurelhurst Market, The Country Cat . Thoughts for or against any of these? Other ideas? TIA.

You can’t go wrong with Olympia or Laurelhurst. We had a really good meal at Ken’s Artisan just before heading to the airport.

1 Like

We ended up at Laurelhurst and absolutely loved it. Three of us shared the marrow bones, chicken liver mousse and wedge salad. All were terrific – one of my DCs is a wedge salad aficionado and thought this was maybe the best he’d ever had. One DC had the culotte steak and loved it, the other had the seared scallops with boudin and loved that, my steak frites with marchand du van was excellent. Happy campers all around.

2 Likes