Oldies but goodies [Acton, Back Bay]

A couple of Saturdays ago, when it was unseasonably warm, we went to Rapscallion to enjoy their outdoor dining area…and so did everyone and their uncle. For no reason at all, we hadn’t been there in some time. We got there on the late side and there was still quite a wait, which was helped by beer, wine, and bocce. Food suffered a bit. B had some sort of chicken sandwich(which he said was just ok), my hummus platter was meh, particularly the watery baba ganoush. At least Spring Onion liked his burger. Do you know what? We didn’t mind the mediocre food. The setting is so pleasant and we had a nice chat with the hustling owner, who we have seen there since the first opened. He was working hard, helping his hard-working staff. Well be back soon.

IMG_5032

IMG_5033

IMG_5034

We had a free 2.5 hours on Sunday while SO took his nature class. We’re still trying to furnish our RI house, so we checked out Room & Board. We left empty-handed and peckish. And what do we see…Bukowski’s is still open! We’re actually quite amazed, particularly because there are seemingly no dives left in Boston. Everything is so corporate and polished. Of course, we pop in for a beverage and some tater tots (still good). Great and friendly service. And they now take credit cards, which made the 3 of us long for the old days. We paid cash, of course and left a healthy tip.

IMG_5091

8 Likes

Rapscallion was on our pub food + beer rotation pre-pandemic. The food ranged from appealing to meh over time, but we appreciated they’ve always worked hard to provide a good experience.

Back then, we sometimes found Rapscallion so crowded that we couldn’t find a legal/safe parking spot! Looks like their popularity hasn’t waned. That Acton locale has long been in need of more dining and gathering options.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention that I LOVE that Rapscallion doesn’t use those disposable ramekin thingys for the ketchup or on my hummus plate. I notice things like that. :eyes:

4 Likes