Oktoberfest season is here!

Where once there were many, there are still a few German style restaurants in the area worth visiting during Oktoberfest: Jennifer’s, Yorktown Heights; Sour Kraut in Nyack; and Traveler’s Rest, Ossining still serves Oktoberfest specialties in their rathskeller…
Many Irish Pubs and Taverns have gotten into the act, too. My favorite is Dunne’s Pub in White Plains. Proprietor Sean Dunne serves an Oktoberfest menu every Thursday during the month of October, and first Thursday of the month throughout the year. I still swoon over his corned beef Reuben. Good wurst plates and sauerbraten. A selection of German beers to wash it all down, too.
The annual White Plains Oktoberfest will take place on Sunday, Oct. 9th.
Have I left any out? How about CT? Where do you like to go for Oktoberfest?

You could check out the thread in Jersey for Bahr(f)s in Highlands, NJ.

The chef there brought his recipes straight from the Hofbrauhaus!

Bahr(f)s have a Lobtoberfest, or a Hummerfest if you are German.

I’m not a huge fan of German food, though my husband is. We do like Jennifer’s but the menu doesn’t have a ton of German specialties.

One hearty wurst plate can equal a ton…:yum:

Due to overcrowding, the annual Oktoberfest celebration at Bear Mountain was moved to Anthony Wayne Recreation Area nearby a couple of years ago. Have you visited the latest incarnation? I know from experience that the old Bear Mountain facility just could not accommodate the event. Parking was out of control, and hundreds like us had to climb up to get to the festivities site. Hope this one works better.
The website says it will run every Saturday & Sunday from Sept. 23rd to Oct. 29th. Oktoberfest 2017 in White Plains will take place on Sunday, Oct. 8th.

1 Like
1 Like