Office Day Dinners

I love these and made a batch yesterday - they take 10 minutes to throw together and throw in the fridge to firm up before forming patties when you’re ready to eat. My only quibble is the recipe makes 4 very modest portions. Last night I mixed some capers into the patties I made and devoured. Today for lunch I added both capers and a minced cornichon – so good! The rest is in the freezer. I gave myself permission to make it 3 portions this time. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We keep those salmon filets around, also. They’re like an egg - they can turn almost anything into a meal (salad, pasta, baguette, etc.).

3 Likes

I need to look for those salmon fillets at my grocery store. Thanks for the package photos.

1 Like

I use a heavy-duty baggie or a freezer container, and haven’t had odor issues. I am confident that if I DID, I’d notice, because a friend always used storebought frozen chopped onions. Her ice cubes always tasted of raw onion. I never mentioned it, just asked her not to add ice to the Sprite.

4 Likes

Wonder if he is related to my husband, Mr. No-Cheese…?

2 Likes

@Sasha and @MonicaMadeIt my DH might be their cousin, Mr. No Fish unless it is breaded and fried. (It’s a distant branch of the family tree?)

4 Likes

Remembering this post, and in need of an unexpected, pantry-friendly, and quick meal, I googled NYT beans and greens. I got one “alla vodka”. I used a bag of baby kale as my greens. Made it within probably 20 minutes and served with crusty toast. Lulu and I loved it.

7 Likes

This taco pasta recipe from Dinner Then Dessert site is family friendly and can be done in about 20 minutes if you start the pasta waster heating before getting out ingredients, and also use a separate skillet to make the meat mixture while the pasta water is heating and the pasta cooks. I made a half recipe today, using 2 C. (dry measure) large shells and a half pound of beef, for 4 servings. Recommend using a mild salsa, or plan to stir in some sour cream for less heat, if needed. We had a bagged salad with toppings beside it.

3 Likes

Ha ha! With my husband it’s simpler to make a yes list, than list all the “nos”.

1 Like

Sorry!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, that looks good! I laughed at this line in the blog post (above the recipe): “ while some in my family will add additional piles of cheese to their plate”… in our house, it’s more likely that some will add pasta to their plate of cheese… :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Over on WFD for March, @EllenCooks shared a 20-30 minute recipe for Mongolian Beef that starts with thin strips of raw beef loin. I made this tonight and it got a “make again” rating.
Although I’d never noticed it before Ellen’s mention, Costco sells packages of the sliced raw beef that look like a roast until you inspect closer. Slices are similar width and cooking time as bacon.

6 Likes

[Potato Chip Ricotta Fish Cakes] Thawed and devoured last night. I had not tried freezing them before. Taste was just fine but they were wetter and more fragile and kind of fell apart when flipped in the pan. I am going to add an egg white next time, as my cousin does.

1 Like