Observations at Monmouth Mall NJ

I believe there was also a Noodles & Co. that closed with all their other NJ locations earlier this year.

1 Like

You are correct.

Latest update on the mall

(self deleted)

Wow, the picture of the proposed redo is just plain fugly.

1 Like

Hey I just noticed Kushner is involved. Do you think there is a Russian connection? A new IHOP serving blinis and caviar perhaps?

1 Like

Greed produces ugly. Simple.

Kushnerā€™s own the Mall and Pier Village.

The plot thickens

And the latest at Monmouth Mall. All I can say to this one is good riddance!!! They must have had their employees parking in the front of the restaurant because the lot always seemed to have a fair amount of cars in it.

Funny side note, I had originally re-joined Chow after having a HORRENDOUS experience at this Joeā€™s just to complain / rant about them. One less horrible experience to be had.

articles states the problem they saw was the fact that Red Lobster is nearbyā€¦if you canā€™t operate a functioning business because of Red Lobster maybe itā€™s just time to go away (I saw this knowing full well RL is packed to the gills every weekend-sadly in a location less than 15 from the ocean).

1 Like

Someone gave me a gift certificate there for my 50th, needless to say it has not been used in the two years since

1 Like

Well if you find yourself in Lawrenceville !!!

I may donate the gift card instead

1 Like

Iā€™m accepting donations, Thank you.

3 Likes

The latest Iā€™ve seen on thisā€¦

he got shot down hard last go round. I think itā€™s a bit too ambitious to be honest, but something needs to be done there as that mall is in danger of plummeting downmarket. I honestly head to Freehold if I go to the mall anymore. If they get a good mix of interesting retail and dining perhaps that might be enough, but a hotel and huge residential space seems weird given the location at the corner of 35 & 36.

2 Likes

Douschener Enterprises may have refocussed their efforts in the area.

If you read the last para, a new Trump hotel may be coming to Long Branch !

Lunch at the Monmouth Mall food court after building up an appetite watching Hobbs & Shaw. There was no line to order at Chick Fil A! but when I got closer I saw at least thirty people with order tickets in their hands waiting for their food.

Option B was the newish Fuze Empanadas place. I got one beef and one chicken. The beef one was decent, a bit drier version of the one at Empanada Guy. The chicken one was moister and had big pieces of breat meat, but it also had rice in it?? The thing that made me write this today was their homemade hot sauce. Dunking them both in it made me want to order more just to eat more of the sauce. It isnā€™t all that hot, hardly at all, but the flavor was unique and very tasty. Somebody with an entreprenuerial bent should convince them to bottle the stuff.