Obama and Bourdain........

I really don’t know much about this, someone posted it on facebook and I know many of you are fans so I thought I would share it here with you.

2 Likes

Two of my favorite guys! Wish there were room for me at that table :slight_smile:

1 Like

From a photo and caption on FB, it looks like they were in Hanoi together. Soup was $6 and Tony picked up the tab :slight_smile:

1 Like

See “Six things about the $6 Bourdain-Obama meal” for an analysis of the photo.

3 Likes

Ha! Fun stuff. No matter how much I might disagree with Obama’s politics, I would enjoy sitting down with him for a beer and bowl of noodles and “talk shop”.

1 Like

I suspect that Obama didn’t eat any of it (Secret Service restrictions), but we’ll see when it airs.

What? It’s Vietnam…what could possible go wrong???

All irony aside, it’s not restricted to Vietnam. The stories I’ve read about “spontaneous” presidential visits show the Secret Service arriving well in advance, scoping out the layout, exit routes and kitchen and carefully monitoring anything that the president eats, to the extent that the SS will instruct cooks specifically which pieces of meat the president will be eating. I’m not sure this would have been possible in a neighborhood noodle joint anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Bourdain posted an update: https://li.st/l/b7c28923-6572-4803-9577-b714c8fc3d1c

Apparently, Obama did eat the food, and “went in for seconds”.

1 Like

Biden must have been off camera, I can see him being the official food tester.

1 Like

Especially true for the crowd in the restaurant who acted as if they were nobody.

A contrast to the scene outside the restaurant.

Ok let’s talk about serious issues here :yum:, is this restaurant: Bun Cha Huong Lien (24 Le Van Huu, Hanoi) any good? Anybody ate there before?