[Oakland] LocoL Bakery

Was in the neighborhood yesterday looking for bathroom. Since the new LocoL bakery was close by I stopped by to see what they have. Well, they didn’t have restroom for the public, but I got to try their buns with a couple of dips- honeynut butter and garlic herb butter, and and the strawberry/ mandarin agua fresca. The honeynut butter dips tasted like a combination of honey, maple syrup and some sort of meshed nuts. The garlic herb butter gave the plain buns a garlic bread taste. Both were quite delightful. Made a good breakfast or part of lunch. I’d get these to go if they sell them in jars, and they would make great party dips. The strawberry/ mandarin agua fresca was mildly sweet and very refreshing.

One bun plus one dip was $2. Agua fresca was also $2. Its mid afternoon so I didn’t see other baked goods other than pizzas.

One local, a couple of tourists stopped by while I was there. Time will tell whether this venture attracts more locals or tourists. They say its West Oakland, but its not far from uptown.

3446 Market St
Oakland, CA 94608

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold