For me, dining out these past two and a half ’ Covid impacted ’ years have brought a couple of stand-out scenarios to my attention. First and foremost was the across-the-board hike in prices due to sky-high inflation. The second, especially to us avid foodies. was the inconsistency in the quality of food offered by previously reliable eating establishments!
Based on tonight’s wonderful and superlatively executed ’ sans giant lobster ’ meal at O’ Mei, I am glad to report their talented kitchen has managed to maintain the same, equally high-standard cooking as per pre-Covid!
The range of delectable dishes we ordered this evening included the following:
- Sauteed, live BC Spotted Prawns with House-special Maggi sauce and aromatics
- Double fried crunch/crispy Sweet & Sour pork
- Deep Fried west coast jumbo lobster with peppered, honey glaze
- House special, crispy skin free range Chicken
- Stirred fry Gai-Lan with minced garlic and diced sun dried Turbot
- Braised Tofu casserole with Shitake mushroom and veggie in oyster sauce
- Steamed minced pork pattie with diced water chestnut and sun dried cuttlefish ( hands-down, best rendition in town! )
- Complimentary desserts of Sweet dessert soup, Mango Mochis, Black sesame glutinous mochi balls and Shanghainese, all egg-white, doughnuts!
Paired with - ’ Paul Blanck & Fils, 2018 Altenbourgh Cru Class Gewurztraminer ( Full bodied, floral, spicy and off dry…great with the Cantonese style seafood )
- 2007 Shafer Stag Leap district California Cab.( Full bodied, smooth with fine tannin, black berries and tobacco tone ).