Nzuko [Watertown, MA]

https://nzukowatertown.com/
I’m not sure when this place opened, but it’s definitely new on the scene. Self-described as “Fusion”, the menu is kind of all over the place, from Middle Eastern to Afro-Caribbean. We had a limited selection of takeout, consisting of chicken kebabs and jerk chicken. The kebab was cooked well and had an interesting spice mix and a tasty side of beans and rice, but was rather shockingly priced at $25 (for two skewers). The jerk chicken was really good, with a thick coating of jerk paste that was very spicy, a nice side of turmeric rice, and a bit of salad. Not cheap at $27, but I’d consider that to be a better value and more unique than the kebab. I did not pick up the takeout myself, but am told that the space (in one of the new condo buildings that have sprung in that Pleasant St/River St neighborhood) has a classy but cozy interior and serves great cocktails. All told, something unique for the area, and the kitchen has some skills. Looking forward to trying their conch fritters on the next visit.

6 Likes