NYCers visiting Seattle and Vancouver - where to eat?

Confirmed with the adult children that Matt’s in the Market is good, fine dining. It has a view of the market as well. Their only complaint is that it’s quite $$$$. I’ve put it on our list for places to try. Your trip will be here before you know it, and I’m excited for the trip report, along with others, I’m sure.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic, but have any of you HOs ever toured the Chihuly Boathouse? My father is an artist and mentioned that he would love to tour the workshop, but it’s not open to the public except by ($$$) private arrangement. Was just wondering if anyone had ever done it to gauge whether it’s worth the coin!

2 Likes

Okay, forget my question about the Chihuly Boathouse - my dad said the video he used to show in his classes was more than enough when he found out the price! :wink: Here is a rough itinerary - would love your thoughts and/or suggested improvements!

Saturday arrival around 11am - head to Belltown Inn to drop luggage, then hit Matt’s in the Market for lunch and check out the market and waterfront until we can officially get into our hotel room. We’ll probably need a nap or at least a little sit down by that time, so we’ll chill at the hotel until heading to the ballpark for a 6pm Mariners game (dinner at the park).

Sunday - breakfast at Lowell’s (or grab something quick at the market depending on hunger) followed by the Seattle Art Museum (normally I would schedule this according to weather, but they are not open on Mondays). Late lunch or snack in the market or Pioneer Square, then a cab out to the Arboretum/Japanese Gardens if the weather is nice (and could use a suggestion for if it’s not!). Dinner at either Dahlia Lounge or Stateside.

Monday - we’ll do the Seattle Center. Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens for sure, maybe the Museum of Pop Culture as well. We were thinking of spending the morning/early afternoon here and then taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island in the afternoon, but I am open to suggestions if there is a better or worse time of day for the Seattle Center stuff. If anyone has a breakfast rec in the vicinity of the Seattle Center and/or our hotel, that would be great. There is a Biscuit Bitch attached to the hotel, or Top Pot doughnuts is nearby, looks like maybe worth a visit? DH and I aren’t big breakfast eaters so this is likely more for my parents. Anyway, if we’re at the Seattle Center around noon we’ll probably do Dick’s drive-in for lunch (I noted there’s a location on the NW side). Dinner at either Dahlia Lounge or Stateside (or somewhere on Bainbridge if there is anywhere worth checking out there?).

Tuesday - we’ll pick up our rental car early and try to get on the road by 8am to spend as much of the day in Vancouver as possible. Since we’ll be driving straight through Richmond anyway, I thought it might be smart to stop for Chinese/Dim Sum for lunch (leaning toward Kirin or Dinesty). We have the car until around 6pm so I figured we might as well drive out to Grouse Mountain while we have wheels. We’ll probably skip the Grind this time and just take the tram to the top with my parents. Once we check into our hotel (near Robson Park) and drop the car, I was thinking of going over to Gastown for the evening - maybe dinner at Wildebeest and drinks before or after at the Alibi Room. Nightingale (by the same owner as Hawksworth) also looks interesting and is closer to our hotel - we could dine there and send my parents back to the hotel if they are tired, then DH and I could check out Gastown on our own.

Wednesday - Granville Island, the City Museum and Stanley Park are on the menu, maybe the Van Dusen Botanical Gardens as well depending on time and energy. Edible Canada on Granville looked like it might be a good place for lunch. Thinking of Annalena, Boulevard Kitchen or Five Sails for dinner - I would love input if anyone has any opinions about these.

Thursday - we may do something in the morning if weather or lack of energy keep us from seeing something I listed above, but most likely we’ll just have a leisurely check out and head straight to the cruise port. If there is a must-do I am missing, please let me know! The Capilano Bridge is an absolute NO WAY for my parents so we’re okay skipping that this time.

Thanks for all of your input thus far and I look forward to further suggestions/refinements. You HOs are the best!

1 Like