[NYC] too good to go

I was a little obsessed with Too Good Too Go in Toronto for about 2 weeks, trying to get goods from some top bakeries. The windows to buy would close in seconds. There are some Regional Reddits that show what people have managed to purchase.

I made around 8 purchases before deciding to delete the app.

One, from a place with gourmet cookies that are similar to Levain, was the best bang for the buck.

I missed 3 pickup times. One vendor changed the pickup up time, which meant I had a 25 minute window before it closed on a Sunday. I was stuck on a bus, and I missed the window by 3 minutes. Doors locked, staff had gone home. Another time, another place, stuck in traffic, got there 5 minutes late, doors locked, I could see staff inside, but they didn’t come to the door. 3rd time, I went home to charge my phone so I could show them my pickup code. I didn’t realize until I got home that the coffee shop closed at 4:30 pm, not 5. :joy:

One nice cheese + coffee shop had a cheese and charcuterie package which ended up being very stale bread sticks , some slightly oxidized salami and slices of parmesan. Around $7-$8.

With some bakeries, I realized, I rather pay top dollar for fresh. There are places that are doing this to save waste and help out customers, but some places are using it as a way to sell stuff that should be free.

Here is our Toronto Too Good to Go thread.

2 Likes